Adult Education Technology Tutor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Howard Area Community Center
Location: Howard Area Community Center
Reports to: Stephanie Minich or Moon Parker
General Description: The volunteer works with individuals who need assistance navigating technology. This could include using Google, Gmail, Zoom, the Internet, and more. The volunteer may also assist the student in developing their computer skills, such as typing and using a laptop or desktop computer.
Time Commitment: Volunteers are asked to make a 6 month commitment to the volunteer position.
● Work with an individual student or a small group of students on a weekly basis on developing their technology skills.
● Find out the specific needs of their student in order to help them use technology to help them in their education or employment.
● Volunteers will complete 12 hours of Tutor Training through Literacy Works (currently completed online).
● A minimum of a High School Diploma of GED is required.
● Good listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
● Confident technology skills.
● Be able to relate to individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
● To be able to honor student confidentiality.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
7648 North Paulina StreetChicago, IL 60626
December 30, 2021