Motion Graphic Designer and Animator for Africa Education Nonprofit
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Anike Foundation
Unpaid volunteer, 2-10 hours per week, 3-6 months, remote
Anike Foundation is seeking a creative Motion Graphic Designer and Animator. Are you a graduate student pursuing a degree in computer animation or a professional 3D Artist and Animator who would like to apply their creativity and passion to a worthwhile charitable cause while honing your skills and expanding your portfolio? Have you created beautiful motion graphics and animations for use on websites and web videos? Have you created 2D and 3D explainer videos, showcasing products or projects? If this is you, then get in touch with us!How you’ll make an impact:
Your artwork and animations will play a center role in Anike Foundation’s online presence, media and fundraising campaigns. Your designs will directly determine the success and outcomes of fundraising campaigns and in turn the success of our programs.What you will do:
- Understand Anike Foundation’s mission, vision and strategic plans and visualize them in beautiful motion graphics and animations.
- Create animations of traditional African folktales.
- Create short 1-min animated explainer videos for YouTube, social media and ad campaigns, showcasing our mission and programs.
- Experience as a Motion Graphic Designer/Animator
- You have a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You already have access to software or equipment needed to do the work and are proficient in it.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism.
- Fluent with storyboarding and directing informational graphics
- Absolutely mastery of 2D animations using Adobe After Effects
- Excellent sense of motion design, beautiful animations, cinematography, graphic/information design using typography, iconography and layout design
- Organized and methodical with projects, while being a self-manager
- Passionate about the motion design such that you are a knowledge expert of styles, ideas, and trends
- Advanced with Adobe Photoshop, proficient with Adobe Illustrator
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to work in the educational games space
- Receptive to feedback and iterative/experimental design methodology
- A beautiful portfolio for us to see your impressive works of art
- Passionate about education and creating beautiful visual experiences for kids
- Entrepreneurial at heart and interested in learning new skills to help a small team create something really big!
Why Volunteer With Us?
At Anike Foundation, we believe that access to quality education is a basic human right. Sadly, millions of children in Africa lack this access. We provide essential educational materials and resources to African youths. We have helped thousands of people in several African countries, but millions more are yearning for help. We rely on a strong volunteer base and the generosity of individuals and corporations.
Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in an environment of supportive people that are always willing to help you.
Anike Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, religion, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.
We are strongly committed to a diverse and multicultural team, and encourage applicants from all walks of life and different parts of the world.
Please visit our website for more information: www.anikefoundation.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
West Boylston, MA 01583
December 30, 2021