Head of Office Operations
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization that is fully remote. Our organization provides children affected by cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support them with a range of self-expression through art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums. This is an amazing opportunity to have a direct impact on improving the children's lives while also gaining valuable skills that can be utilized in your professional careers. You will gain experience collaborating with various departments and managing a team.
The Head of Office Operations is responsible for creating an engaging environment and positive interactions while overseeing A Free Bird’s day to day administrative operations. You will work actively, internally, and externally with vendors to ensure the department's needs are met. The Administrative Assistant assists with payroll and personnel administration and meetings. Ultimately, you are responsible for assuring that the organization has the administrative support necessary to conduct our business and fulfill our mission.
• Perform and supervise general activities such as responding to emails, looking over the schedule, finishing tasks, etc.
• Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to purchasing materials, supplies, products, or services
• Participate as an active member of the organization’s leadership team, assisting with the creation and implementation of strategic tactical objectives necessary for the organization to reach its goals
• Provide and oversee centralized operations and procedures of services for the agency
• Maintain and safeguard agency online records
• Perform liaison with various vendors
• Work with management team and staff to update and maintain the company website
• Experience/Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or related field
• 2+ years of Administrative Office Manager experience or supervisory experience
• Ability to supervise and delegate tasks to volunteers
• Experience with processes of non-profit businesses
• Competent in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive applications
• Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner
• Ability to effectively operate office equipment
• Positive, energetic, and proactive multi-tasker who can work independently or collaboratively
• Strong listener, with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility, including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage assignments in a timely fashion
Benefits and Recognition
This virtual position provides schedule flexibility and the ability to work remotely from the comfort of your own home office. This is an exciting opportunity to improve upon your skillset and gain experience overseeing a department while managing and delegating tasks to a team. This virtual position provides valuable administration experience. Also suited to individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector and anyone dedicated to the positive physical, emotional, intellectual, and artistic development of children and youth and supporting the community!
Our volunteers are highly valued members of the A Free Bird team and contribute to making a
significant difference in the successful execution of A Free Birds vision and mission, our advocacy, awareness, and education initiatives, and helping promote social change to support children’s artistic expression. A Free Bird will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete their volunteer placement.
This position requires a six-month commitment and at least 5-10 hours per week with the flexibility to plan your own schedule.
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Due to COVID-19, we are 100% remote. Proper at home working capabilities include laptop, phone, and connection to reliable internet connectivity. Must be available to have a phone / video conversation at least twice per week.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH