Red Cross: Biomedical Transportation Team Leader
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central Maryland Chapter
Our volunteer driver program, which helps to deliver lifesaving blood to patients in need at area hospitals, is growing and volunteer team leaders are needed for success!
Purpose: Supervise and support the volunteer team who delivers blood to or from hospitals, labs, and both mobile and fixed site blood drives. This is an in-person position at 4700 Mt Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215.
· Supervise a team of volunteers in the Transportation Program
· Manage process for approved new volunteers (i.e., initial call to volunteer, setting up time for on-the-job training, fuel pin, badge, etc.). Provide volunteer with introduction to department, team, supervisor, giving tour, etc.
· Support day-to-day work of volunteer (i.e. schedule shifts, handing out keys, answering calls from volunteers, discussing schedule for day with volunteer, etc.)
· Meet Red Cross fleet policies and standards
· Communicate and share feedback between Red Cross personnel and hospital customers
· Advise regional Distribution team of process improvements needed; suggest improvements to Transportation Coordinator
· May distribute blood to area hospitals as routine or "stat" deliveries; transport blood and blood products from blood collection sites to the laboratory for processing; pick up and return boxes as needed; complete required paperwork and obtain signatures. Drive in a safe and responsible manner and provide strong customer service at all times.
· May recruit and coordinate the work of volunteer steering committees
· Approximately 6-8 hours per week (majority weekday between 5 am - 10 pm), with flexibility including some weekday, daytime hours.
· Current driver's license and ability to clear a Motor Vehicle check - Required
· Ability to work with a range of staff members and volunteers throughout the state - Required
· Logistical skills - Preferred
· Attention to detail and deadlines - Required
· Good oral communication, friendly, customer service skills, and the ability to relate effectively to people of diverse backgrounds and education levels - Required
· Supervisory skills and experience - Required
· Comfort with computers and ability to enter basic information in database - Required
** This is an in-person volunteer position. Proof of covid-19 vaccine required**
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
4700 Mount Hope DriveBaltimore, MD 21215
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK