Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Virtual Teach & LearnAbout
Virtual Teach & Learn hopes to launch a Blog in 2022. Being an organization that aims to educate K-12 students, we hope to create a variety of content that would benefit a wide range of grades. The main aim of the blog is yet to be decided, but we look forward to getting your input!
Position Description - Writer
The responsibilities of a Writer on our Blog Team will include:
- Participating in and working on the eventual creation of VTAL’s blog
- Brainstorming ideas (e.g., relevant blog topics)
- Completing and creating writing pieces assigned by the Chief Editor by the deadline
- Editing articles and posts of other team members
- Participating in VTAL meetings (likely monthly) and Blog team meetings (hosted by the Editor in Chief)
- Enjoys writing
- Previous writing experience
- Ability to write at a high level
- High school student, post-secondary student, or youth
- Proficient English-speaking and writing skills
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
We are looking for people who are...
- Dedicated and hardworking
- Truly wanting to contribute and make a change
- Passionate about helping other youth
- Ready to share their ideas
- Able to work well in a team
- By applying to be a Chief Blog Editor, you are committing yourself to at least 6 months in this position if you are chosen
- By applying to be a Writer, you are committing yourself to at least 3 months in this position if you are chosen
- Applicants successful at the first stage (the google forms application) will be contacted for a short interview through zoom
- Time commitment: estimated 2-4 hours per week
How to Apply
- You can find the application here: FORM
- Be sure to have a portfolio or some examples of your writing (max 2) ready to include in your application
- Deadline: December 31, 2021 at 12:00 EST [noon]
Thank you for your interest in Virtual Teach & Learn! We are super excited to welcome some new members to our team! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Dougall AvenueCaledon, ON Z0Z0Z0Canada
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK