Financial Development Supervisor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Night Owl Reconnaissance
Who We Are:
Night Owl Reconnaissance is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the purpose to contribute to the detection and prevention of causes that lead to missing individuals, assisting in investigations of missing persons, and offering victim assistance and resources to those recovered. Founded in 2019, we have focused on investigating individual missing persons cases while working to expand to the detection and prevention of missing persons and offering resources for those who have been recovered.
We understand that there are many reasons for a person to go missing, whether it be child abduction, sex trafficking, escaping domestic abuse, or death. Our aim is to work with law enforcement to ensure the safety of anybody reported missing. We also understand that people willingly leave hostile or abusive situations and are reported missing. In these situations, we will work with law enforcement to communicate it as a willing separation and offer any services to the victim we are able.
We aim to become a collection of industry experts, collaboratively working with other organizations to contribute to this issue.
Night Owl Reconnaissance is looking for a Development Supervisor to seek out funding opportunities for the organization and draft grant proposals. The volunteer would be responsible for understanding the organization's fundraising goals, working directly with the Board Treasurer. The job will involve various fundraising activities, including: researching and identifying viable opportunities for funding, developing relationships with likely funders, and submitting grant applications as identified by the Treasurer or Development team.
- Planning and evaluating fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Identifying and stewarding prospective donors.
- Recruiting and training fundraising volunteers.
- Staying on top of fundraising trends in the nonprofit community.
- Communicating with donors and staff via email, phone or social media.
- Answering donor and staff inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Using prospect research tools and your donor database to build donor relationships.
- Drafting grant proposals and applications.
- Creating solicitation materials for the organization.
- Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Fundraising software and tools expertise.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
- Donor and volunteer service mentality.
- Organized and inspiring team leader.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
St. Peters, MO 63376
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK