Program Development Advisor (Canadians Only)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Cuso International (Headquarters)
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Start Date: April 2022
Placement Length: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Language Requirements: English Level 5-Fluent
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada OnlyThe Volunteer’s Role
Are you passionate about working to improve the lives of young people through training and empowerment programs?
You will work with the team at Women's Resource and Outreach Centre to develop and execute training programs for vulnerable community youth.
Apply now to make a difference in the lives of young people by empowering them with new skills and knowledge to improve their lives.As a volunteer, you will:
- Support WROC to develop strategies for recruiting students for its newest programs which are geared at changing the status of unattached youth and becoming employable.
- Support WROC in providing comprehensive support to students returning to the mainstream school system.
- Support creation of robust database system of participants and their progress.
- Experience in working with groups, preferably community-based groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Knowledge skill and experience in human rights-based methodology and gender sensitivity
- Experience in the classroom
- Experience working with children
- Experience working in organizational development/planning
- Strong teamwork skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation, preferably with a range of clients and stakeholders such as community and civil society organizations, INGOs, national and local governments, and the private sector.
- Demonstrated experience leading or working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams. Experience in community economic development or business advising is an asset.
- Understanding of participatory approaches to development.
Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending on country)
Accommodation while in placement
Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
Pre-departure training and in-country orientation (more details below)
On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Kingston, St. Andrew Parish K1R 6S4Jamaica
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME