Social Media Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Working closely with team members in marketing and fundraising, in this role you'll post and engage our audience on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. As a member of our digital team, you’ll collaborate with our director, content strategist and writers to transform our followers’ likes, shares, and comments into insights that can make a difference in education and people’s lives around the world. You’ll be the voice of the organization across social channels, using personal engagement, social listening and good judgment to spot trends, identify opportunities, and inform future marketing efforts
· Assist with the development of a publishing calendar to brand social presence, create enthusiasm, boost engagement, and drive website traffic across social channels.
· Managing posting, sharing, response and engagement on all social media accounts to create a positive brand experience.
· Monitoring social media daily for insight, action, questions, comments, brand mentions, news, trending topics, and thought leadership opportunities.
· Support the digital marketing team in the development and deployment of content supporting themed, seasonal, event-specific, and international-focused campaigns.
· Identify and develop relationships with education, e-learning, and international development authorities, influencers and user-groups to support both content creation and community engagement.
· Actively work to broaden our social content to be inclusive and representative of the diverse global
· Identifying and engaging with key influencers (global education and edu tech advocates, media, potential partners, prospective volunteers, etc.) to increase brand advocacy and use as a source of industry trends.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
· Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or an International field.
· 2+ years of social media marketing experience (preferably in a nonprofit or media organization) with an understanding of driving brand awareness and fundraising using social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn).
· Strong social media writing skills, with the ability to write social copy using a brand voice in a platform-specific style.
· A grasp of (or interest in learning more about) the fields of education, e-learning, and international development.
· A deep passion for an understanding of the social media universe with enthusiasm for learning and staying ahead of the curve on social media strategy and technological innovations.
· Solid working knowledge of Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Instagram Insights, and LinkedIn Page Analytics.
· Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Strong sense of good judgement, decorum and brand appropriateness.
· Understanding of SnapChat, TikToc, Reddit, and Quora a plus.
· Stays informed of the latest content and marketing trends in social.
· Experience working remotely as part of a team.
· Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
· Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
· In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
· School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase
outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
How to apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
December 30, 2021