Director of Fundraising - Board of Directors Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Capoeira Social ProjectDirector of Fundraising - Capoeira Social Project
Capoeira Social Project is looking for a Director of Fundraising to join our Board of Directors in an exciting time of organizational growth and development. The role reports to the Board of Directors.
The director of fundraising will lead a small and dedicated team of fundraisers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organization to achieve its fundraising targets and organizational development program. They will have substantial fundraising and management experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from statutory sources, foundations, trusts and major donors. Experience in development of an individual donor program including donor marketing is also an advantage.
- Be familiar with CRM interfaces and determine which is best for our organization.
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets across the range of revenue streams
- In cooperation with the executive director, lead the development of any long-term strategy to achieve agreed long term organizational goals
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
- Produce cost-effective budgets to achieve action plans
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems
- Manage an effective fundraising team that delivers fundraising income meeting set targets
- Lead the new individual giving development plan for 2021 which includes recruitment and development of new donors
- Lead on development of new funding streams
- Coordinate multi-interface fundraising opportunities (eg: Virtual auction, dinner for a cause, interactive workshops, etc)
- Previous experience in professional fundraising.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Be a "self-starter" and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Baltimore, MD 21224
December 30, 2021