Business Development Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: G.R.O.W.
Growing Real Opportunities in the Workforce (G.R.O.W.) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps high school students address,"Who are you and what do you want to do with your life?"
95% of students don’t get the chance to speak with a high school counselor about what they will do after high school. 80% of youth feel they don’t have direction in life. G.R.O.W. created a curriculum that supports students with developing their internal compass allowing them to make decisions about their futures that are consistent with their values, beliefs, and goals. G.R.O.W. 's goal is to instill confidence, agency, and competencies in students so they can make self directed decisions for their life, remain engaged in school and become thriving, contributing members of society.
By partnering with schools and educational organizations, we train and certify educators to deliver G.R.O.W.’s plug and play curriculum in classrooms. We are looking for an individual who would like to contribute their skills and knowledge to our mission in a friendly environment. Our core values are: communication, scalability, thinking outside of the box and family. To learn more, please visit GROWmyfuture.org.
G.R.O.W. is looking for an experienced business development professional to support the succession of our Executive Director. The main responsibility of this role is to work closely with the current Executive Director and HR Manager to create, drive and execute plans that will effectively help the organization scale and support the succession of our Executive Director. We need someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and jump right in. Our executive director is busy managing all aspects of the organization and we need someone who is a self-started and action oriented person. Ideally this person would have experience in nonprofits and education, but is not a requirement for this position.
This person will familiarize themselves with our core values and programs, and be able to translate this into succession strategy and execution. Our ideal candidate is someone who has working knowledge in talent outreach and fundraising for organization development needs.
- Drive all succession planning strategies for GROW’s Executive Director role
- Work closely with GROW’s leadership to define competencies and candidate profile required to undertake key responsibilities
- Ensure the execution of an evolving strategy, guide research and out of the box thinking to inform strategic direction
- Create and execute recruitment efforts with the HR Manager, including conducting outreach and identifying potential talent pools for candidates
- Equitably assess candidates against role criteria based on current and future organization objectives; develop training and procedures to ensure the current skills remain within the organization
- Create a funding model and build out a team, with HR Manager, to support fundraising efforts to secure funds for filling the Executive Director position
- Develop a holistic understanding of GROW’s mission and initiatives to identify and plan for further growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management (or an additional four years of relevant experience)
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 years experience in business development
- Experience driving operational plans for talent assessments, succession planning, leadership development and performance management
- Experience in corporate or non-profit fundraising or sales preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of budget preparation
- Leadership experience
- Comfortable working with nonprofit leaders and stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a collaborative, high-functioning, high-trust culture.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Proficient computer skills, including experience using the Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- 5 hours per week, as needed; 6 month commitment minimum
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
19201 Twin Oaks LaneSonoma, CA 95476
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK