Case Management Supervisor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Night Owl Reconnaissance
Who We Are:
Night Owl Reconnaissance is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the purpose to contribute to the detection and prevention of causes that lead to missing individuals, assisting in investigations of missing persons, and offering victim assistance and resources to those recovered. Founded in 2019, we have focused on investigating individual missing persons cases while working to expand to the detection and prevention of missing persons and offering resources for those who have been recovered.
We understand that there are many reasons for a person to go missing, whether it be child abduction, sex trafficking, escaping domestic abuse, or death. Our aim is to work with law enforcement to ensure the safety of anybody reported missing. We also understand that people willingly leave hostile or abusive situations and are reported missing. In these situations, we will work with law enforcement to communicate it as a willing separation and offer any services to the victim we are able.
We aim to become a collection of industry experts, collaboratively working with other organizations to contribute to this issue.
- Reviews and approves investigative activity to determine whether the standards for initiating, approving, conducting, and closing cases are satisfied.
- Ensure that all organizational guideline and applicable laws are protected throughout the investigative process. If encountering a practice that does not comply with the guidelines, rules, or laws, the supervisor must report that compliance concern to the proper authority.
- Integrates with field investigators to ensure timely progress on casework, develop strategies for conducting investigations, and mentors field investigators on techniques, procedures, and methods.
- Receives updates from the Operational Assurance Supervisor on open cases. Partners with the Investigative Research Supervisor as applicable. Provides the Director of Investigations with caseload updates.
- Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, Forensic Psychology, or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in investigations, law enforcement, forensics, social work or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of criminal justice and social service systems including knowledge of police procedures and methodology around missing person, homicides, and crime scene investigations.
- Knowledge, understanding, or ability in the operation of social media networks, NCIC, NLETS, Microsoft Office Suite programs (spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations), and collaborative video conferencing platforms.
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
St. Peters, MO 63376
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK