Food Bank Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Dignity Health Connected Living
Dignity Health Connected Living
Animated by a spirit of compassion, caring and collaboration, we provide nutritious meals, adult day services, case-management, social services, registry for in-home support services, financial management and assistance, representative payee services, transportation, as well as community impact volunteer opportunities that promote and enhance the physical, social and spiritual health of seniors and under-served families.
About Our Food Bank:
Dignity Health Connected Living’s Food Bank is the designated Food Bank for Shasta County. We provide food for our communities with distributions at our Redding location and many others around Shasta County.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serving low-income families, individuals and seniors in Shasta County at 10 different locations.
- Lift food onto carts and transfer into vehicles.
- Traffic wayfinding during distributions.
- Pack food bags.
How It Works
- We have monthly Food Bank distributions for the Commodities, Senior Box Program, the Emergency Food Program, and the Senior Brown Bag, throughout Shasta County.
- Volunteers will arrive prior to the designated time for the distribution and prepare carts with the food we’ll be handing out on it.
- Volunteers will load the cars with the food into the trunk of the vehicle .
- Be over the age of 18.
- Pass a background screening and health screening (for food packing only).
- Pass a National Sex Offender screening (all volunteer positions).
To apply, contact us at email@example.com or (530) 226.3098.
#CaliforniansforAll #OperationFeedCalifornia #DignityHealthConnectedLiving #HelloHumankindness
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Happy Valley, CA 96003
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH