Wellness House Front Desk Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Wellness House
Role Summary & Anticipated Outcome
You will be our participants’ first point of
contact--the face and voice that launches our relationships with new participants
and maintains a positive connection with our existing participants.
· Providing exceptional customer service by being warm, welcoming, and relationship-focused to all participants, staff and Wellness House community.
· Greeting and assisting participants and visitors when they enter the house and programs.
· Answering the phone and scheduling participants in program database, MindBody Online.
· Checking participants into programs and directing them towards their program.
· If applicable during shift, hosting online Zoom classes and accurately recording attendance.
· Giving tours of the house, as needed
· Caring for the house to make sure it is tidy, welcoming, and cleaning and safety guidelines are being followed.
Staff responsibilities to Front Desk Volunteers
· Provide training on Wellness House and front desk policy/procedures
· Coordinate a minimum of 4 front desk shifts with an experienced team member prior to
working a shift alone.
· Act as a resource for questions or concerns during shift.
· Coordinate shift schedules and staff or volunteer back up when needed.
Qualifications and Skills
· Commitment to mission of Wellness House: Wellness House envisions a community where all people affected by cancer thrive. Offered at no cost, and as a complement to medical treatment, our programs educate, support and empower participants so they will improve their physical and emotional well-being.
· Strong relationship-building skills, organization, and multi-tasking
· Must not have attended programs at Wellness House as a participant within the last 6 months
· One-year commitment, one 4-hour shift a week
Weekdays: 8:30 am -
12:00 pm, 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm, 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Saturdays: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
In-person and virtual
shift options available
· Creating a positive, warm environment for participants will increase quality of services and possibly lead to retention of participants and/or recruitment of new participants.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
131 N County Line RdHinsdale, IL 60521
December 30, 2021