Director of Finance (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Overt Foundation
Who We Are:
At Overt we are a community of advocates driven to change the landscape of mental health. We collaborate across functions to bring knowledge and skills to raise awareness, educate and assist those who are not able to receive mental healthcare due to financial challenges.
Our Purpose: To restore mental health one person and community at a time, so that, together, we will actualize our highest potential. This is accomplished by providing support, education and a community where sharing is encouraged.
Our Approach :
Education : We educate people about the seriousness of mental health, the power of being open with others, and the need for creating a safe environment for those seeking help.
Assistance: We assist people in restoring their life through access to therapy who can otherwise not afford it.
Community: We build a safe community of individuals who connect with each other by promoting openness about their experiences with mental health.
- Be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects the Overt Foundation and will provide strategic financial input to our leadership team.
- Work closely with our Chief Executive Officer in determining long-term financial goals and developing strategies to achieve the financial objectives of the Overt Foundation.
- Play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the Foundation and to support our mission.
- Manage the Foundation’s financial operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, production of financial statements and reports, and advisement of the leadership team on financial decisions.
- Be responsible for monitoring and maintaining internal controls while overseeing financial systems and related compliance requirements.
- Execute the financial strategy of the Foundation.
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (Master s Degree is preferred)
- Professional accounting certificate (e. g., CA, CMA or CPA) is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in financial and financial reporting software
- Exceptional communication skills
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker, critical thinker, and planner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, dependable and driven
- Able to multi-task and work independently
Perks of being part of the Overt Foundation:
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Access to a phenomenal network of entrepreneurs, developers, and other doers
- Remote Work
- Volunteering on a flexible schedule that suites your life
- Make a direct impact to an important cause
- Build your skills and experience across functions
- Room to train in new areas with experienced subject matter experts
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1489 West 800 NorthLehi, UT 84043
December 30, 2021