FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT - Remote or in person volunteer service
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Olancho Aid Foundation, Inc.
A Fundraising Assistant Volunteer is sought to support, research, and maximize our impact and to understand the fundraising landscape for our projects. This volunteer will engage with internal and external actors to advance Olancho Aid Foundation working closely with executive leadership to complete fundraising tasks. This is a remote role with the possibility to transition to in-country service.
ABOUT THE OLANCHO AID FOUNDATION
The Olancho Aid Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, Catholic organization supporting an economically sustainable community in Honduras that provides families an opportunity to stay well, stay together, and an option to stay at home. We support a college-prep high school, school for students with special needs, and educational opportunities for international volunteers, groups and strategic advisors. OAF also supports rural communities in Olancho with clean water projects and other community development work.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF OLANCHO, HONDURAS
Olancho, Honduras is culturally unique in Honduras and has the largest land mass of any department in the country and a population of about half a million. The capital of the department is Juticalpa where our main project offices are located. Olancho’s terrain varies from rugged mountains to rolling plains and the community is facing many challenges due to climate instability, migration, and limited economic opportunities.
- Assist in researching and assessing grant funding opportunities and writing letters of inquiry and grant proposals.
- Support Executive Director and Operations Directors to create materials appropriate for individual donors; conduct research to support presentations to current and potential donors.
- Write donor communications, including program updates and thank-you letters; assist in writing and publishing Annual Report.
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of the Olancho Aid Foundation.
- Coordinate with staff and other volunteers to support social media channels updated on a frequent basis.
- Keep up to date with the Olancho Aid project and donor events and news, and choose what to promote through our social media feeds.
- Connect with project coordinators and directors and attend our events with a view to writing articles about them on our blog.
RELEVANT SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, and EXPERIENCE
- An understanding of different types of marketing and communications media, including electronic and social media.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both English & Spanish, be articulate, with strong writing skills and the ability to return feedback accurately.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to transform small snippets of information into interesting and engaging stories suitable for Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Good understanding of confidentiality.
- Ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised.
- An interest in, knowledge of, Honduras or Latin America.
SUPPORT PROVIDED TO THE VOLUNTEER
- A full induction and training on aspects of the role.
- Regular direction from Olancho Aid leadership.
- On-going support with an allocated person from Olancho Aid.
- Opportunities to become involved in other areas of OAF’s work.
BENEFITS OF BEING A FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT VOLUNTEER
- Development of research and communication skills.
- Use your skills and experience to contribute to the success of the Olancho Aid Foundation.
- Experience in working with education and nonprofit organizations.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of international development and nonprofit organizations.
- References to add to your CV.
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills including ongoing development and training.
- Becoming a valued part of OAF, in helping us to become influential and effective at engaging local and international supporters and audiences.
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Juticalpa, Olancho Department 02018Honduras
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME