Farmer-to-Farmer International Marketing Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA InternationalCompany Description
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.Job Description
NCBA CLUSA’s USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer program sends American farmers and agribusiness professionals on 2-4 week agricultural development assignments, promoting sustainable growth and agricultural development worldwide. Volunteer technical assistance from U.S. farmers, agribusinesses, cooperatives and universities helps smallholder farmers in developing countries improve productivity, access new markets and conserve environmental and natural resources. During COVID-19 we have shifted to a hybrid volunteer model that affords US volunteers and in-country volunteers the opportunity to continue to provide technical assistance. For more information visit NCBA CLUSA Farmer-to-Farmer.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking 2 (1- remote US volunteer and 1- volunteer based in Honduras) qualified Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer candidates for the position of International Market Specialist to support Cooperativa Agropecuaria Quiraguira, Limitada (COAQUIL)based in Intibucá.
Cooperative Agropecuaria Quiraguira, Limitada (COAQUIL) was constituted August 19,1993 and obtained its legal status in 2006. The organization´s mission is to produce, process and commercialize specialty coffee and improve their member’s livelihood. COAQUIL would like to learn how to connect with clients directly and provide successful specialty coffee sales propositions, prioritizing clients from the United States. All their exports have been done through the intermediary company Caffex. They don’t want to keep relying on an intermediary, because they would prefer to use the equivalent of service fees to support their members. However, the organization does not know the export process and has not done a market study.
Duration: 2 weeks August- October 2021
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assess the current market and COAQUIL's production rate to determine the best steps moving forward with creating an export plan.
- Develop a sales plan which identifies team members’ roles and responsibilities for each step leading to successful export.
- The volunteer, along with COAQUIL will define a sales proposition (including a portfolio of potential clients) to access to markets locally and in the United States .
- The volunteer along with the participants will identify the steps to obtain the bar code.
- The volunteer will teach the participants social skills to establish a relationship with clients.
- Degree in marketing, business administration, sales and/or a similar field.
- Must have experience developing a client portfolio leading to successful sales contracts.
- Knowledge of export requirements for coffee is preferred.
- Experience on working with cooperatives.
- Ability to transfer knowledge.
- Willing to learn more about the coffee sector in Honduras
- Available for virtual communications with Host Organization, Staff and Co-volunteer
- US candidate must be legally able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Advanced English language skills; reading, writing, speaking.
All application materials must be submitted in English.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1775 I Street Northwest8th FloorWashington, DC 20006
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_DAYS