Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Suffolk County Safe Harbour Mentoring Program
Suffolk County’s Safe Harbour Mentoring program is looking for volunteers like you!
Are you looking for a way to help your community?
Do you want to make a difference in someone else's life but don’t know where to start?
Have you had someone in your life that has made a positive difference and you would like to do the same for someone else?
We need mentors who:
- Have a willingness to learn! (Training topics include: Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children (CSEC) and Human Trafficking, Indicators and Reporting of Child Abuse, LGBTQ youth, Gang awareness, and more.
- Are at least 21 years of age or older
- Have a genuine interest in working with youth (11-18)
- Reside in Long Island, NY
- Will make a 1-year commitment to their mentee relationship (4 hours a month)
- Have valid NYS Driver’s License and willingness to provide transportation
Spanish speakers are highly encouraged to apply!
Want to know more?
Contact Natasha George at (631) 439-0480 x110
For more information about our program visit our website
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
84 Wheeler RoadCentral Islip, NY 11722
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH