Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Karibu Tanzania Safaris and Volunteering Limited
Volunteers will travel to Arusha, Tanzania where they will receive teaching placements in orphanage schools, English medium schools, or government schools to teach various subjects. Gain new experience as you help poor children and communities in giving them real exposure to native English and life.
· Teach English, Maths, Science, Social Studies (Geography and History), Art, Physical education or Sports and games to children. This can either be done by yourself or alongside local teachers and other volunteers.
· Assist the local teachers with daily lessons (relieving them with a class or two classes per day), and helping on one-on-one student consultations for students who need a little more help.
· Bring new ideas and energy to classes to help children learn and have fun.
· Volunteer for up to 5 hours a day.
· No need to have previous working experience, you will work alongside qualified local teachers.
· Love working with children, confident, genuine interest in learning, and high energy level.
· Have Flexibility in adjusting to new environments while working.
· Gives you the opportunity to realize your potential, improve your teaching skills and life experience on a global level.
· Learn the Swahili language through the Swahili classes we offer.
· Gain an insight into the daily challenges facing teachers, underprivileged children, and communities in having access to good education.
· Stand out from the crowd by adding this experience to your Resume/CV.
· We have partnered with Tanzania Wild destinations, during school holidays, volunteers are free to travel, engage in tourist activities such as safari, take tutorials for senior students, or volunteer at another placement.
NB: We do not have entry fees for any programs; however the fees involved are what you will need to support your stay in Arusha while volunteering.
- Accommodation fees, which is 30$ per day, 20$ for students.
- Transport fees, $100. This is your pick up from and back to the airport on your arrival and departure.
- A working permit, which is $300, allows you to work in Tanzania as required by the laws in our country.
- Covid-19 test which is $100 before leaving Tanzania upon completion of your program.
- Flights tickets are yours to cover.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Arusha, Arusha Region 0Tanzania
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME