Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become an Entrepreneurship Instructor-trainee for our Non-Profit Organization!
Overview: Are you a professional interested in imparting your wisdom to teens? Would you like to empower our youth and inspire them to enter your field of Entrepreneurship?
Our new initiative, Generation-Z, is a program that makes college accessible and not just an impossible dream for Black youth. This project is an imperative program that gives Black youth a way out of poverty by way of advanced college courses being accessible in early high school years and empowering under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking forenthusiastic and skilled individuals to provide introductory courses and training on the Entrepreneurship field to our high school students (Grade 10 - 12). This course will help our students understand the underlying principles of starting a business, avoid common pitfalls, pitch ideas more effectively, validate their product, develop a solid business model, and set themselves up for success!
Instructor-trainee Job Description:
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of Financial management, organizational behavior, human resource management, strategies for small business, leadership, marketing/business planning process, legal aspects of business, strategic management, business communication, and more.
- Conduct weekly classes and teach high school students the fundamental theories and methods of Political Science.
- Draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week [syllabi], projects, materials needed to perform projects, exams, and homework.
- Assist in developing and monitoring program goals and objectives for learning.
- Provide knowledge on different electives in the Entrepreneurship field for the students to understand and choose their career path.
- Adopt interactive teaching techniques to help students understand the course and understand their learning capabilities.
- Introduce learning platforms like workshops and conferences to students for their professional development.
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship or business degree, project management or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the Entrepreneurship Field
- Prior experience in teaching and working with students required.
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
Hours and commitment: Trainees will be required to work up to 5 hours a week for a minimum of 3 to 5 months.
Location: Remote [Virtual Only]
Salary Range: Unpaid Trainee Position
Benefit: Boost your confidence, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable teaching experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK