Outreach Design Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Long Way Home, Inc.
Long Way Home is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and collaborative thinker. We are a small organization and therefore require a team of high-energy individuals, passionate about making a difference. The ideal candidate should have experience in promotional activities such as content creation and social media management. They should also have self-initiative capabilities, attention to detail, and a passion for our mission and work. Graphic design skills/knowledge are highly preferred.
Our goal for this period is to create meaningful and impactful media that is centered around community and economic development. This position provides social media and marketing enthusiasts with the opportunity to work alongside our talented team in a fast-paced and culturally diverse environment.
- Work with Outreach Coordinator to create graphics for social media posts and website content.
- Work alongside Outreach Coordinator to create content and marketing materials for LWH.
- Collaborate with Outreach Coordinator for bi-weekly (at minimum) updates on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media sites with project relevant media.
- Assist in managing materials on the LWH website using the Squarespace platform.
- Help maintain the Google Drive organized.
- Support fundraising campaigns with the Outreach team.
- Available for assistance as needed.
- Knowledge and/or experience using Canva, Adobe Illustrator, and/or InDesign
- Knowledge of back-end web design preferred
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (desirable but not required).
- Experience managing social media and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to top-quality, self-driven work (comfortable working with little direct supervision).
- A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly concerning advertising/branding.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each social media platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Intermediate Spanish would be helpful in order to communicate with CETC staff, as well as to assist with translation/interpretation tasks (Bilingual preferred).
- Good attitude, team player, motivation to help out and be flexible.
- Enthusiasm for LWH’s mission and work.
The following objectives guide the design of this volunteer opportunity
- Become well-versed in the methods and applications of green design and building.
- Understand why and how green design should be made accessible in low-resourced and climate-stressed communities.
- Understand the day to day operations of a small NGO operations team working at the grassroots level.
- Develop intercultural and interdisciplinary teamwork skills.
- Gain insights into opportunities, risks, and limitations for achieving quality education, economic justice, and environmental health in marginalized communities.
- Have opportunities to increase Spanish language proficiency.
- Proficiency in writing professional reports to address identified challenges and provide workable solutions.
- Develop skills and competencies that transfer to hypothetical future work situations.
First Year, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, prospective graduate student, enrolled in graduate school, working on master’s thesis, working on a doctoral thesis, postdoctoral scholar
Area of Interest
Sustainable Construction, Education, Government, Nonprofit, Engineering, Environmental Science, Social Justice, Global Liberal Studies, NGOs, Public Health, Graphic Design, Latin American Studies, International Studies, Journalism, Business, Social Sciences, Anthropology, Social & Cultural Analysis, Social Work, Political Science, Law/Pre-law, Liberal Arts, Liberal Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Social Impact, Government and NGOs, Design, Graphic Design, Web Design
Approximate Hours Per Week
Upon successful completion of this volunteer opportunity, the volunteer is offered free admission (food and transport excluded) to our month long Green Building Academy in July 2022. Lodging included unless the volunteer prefers to stay in a hotel or homestay. - https://www.lwhome.org/academy
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
508 Mountain Prospect LaneCulpeper, VA 22701
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK