Help Your Neighbors Who Were Impacted by Home Fires, Join the American Red Cross (Pierce County)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Northwest Region
Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
Our DAT team is responsible for:
- Providing timely response to disasters and assisting those affected.
- Responding to disaster scenes as assigned by Team Leader within two hours.
- Meet the needs of those affected by disasters such as the need for shelter and food by providing Red Cross Services.
- Complete forms related to services provided.
- Provide referrals to other agencies.
- Communicate to Team Leader about availability and readiness on a regular basis.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone, and by email
* Excellent problem solving
* Ability to be consistently respond immediately to notification calls and dispatch DAT when on call
Both virtual and in-person volunteer opportunities available
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Tacoma, WA 98144
December 30, 2021