Healing Support Services Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Louis D. Brown Peace Institute
Louis D Brown Peace Institute, Dorchester, MA
The Louis D. Brown Peace Institute (LDBPI) is a center of healing, teaching and learning for families and communities impacted by murder, trauma, grief and loss. Our commitment is to transform society’s response to homicide so all families are treated with dignity and compassion. Our programs and services are grounded in the Center for Disease Control’s social-ecological framework that interventions are needed at multiple levels in order to interrupt cycles of violence.
The LDBPI is recognized across the state and country for the best practices in the field of homicide response. With over 25 years of experience, the LDBPI continues to innovate and grow.
Description of Project/Purpose of Assignment:
The Healing Support Services Volunteer’s purpose is to provide assistance to the Healing Support Services team to develop healing groups, workshops and presentations, offering healing techniques to survivors of homicide victims, service providers and families of incarcerated/ formerly incarcerated individuals.
The Healing Support Services Volunteer will be responsible for working closely with the Healing Support Services Manager and Peace Fellow Intern.
- Develop agendas, surveys and evaluations
- Research Expressive Therapy ideas
- Capture sign-in information at groups, workshops and events and enter that data into our client database
- Order supplies for healing workshops
- Support with preparation and breakdown of healing sessions
- Healing Support Services Manager
8 hours weekly, inclusive of some evening and Saturday hours, and occasionally additional hours for special events or training.
• Demonstrated commitment to the LDBPI’s values, mission statement and organizational culture
• Interest in facilitating support groups and workshops
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Self-motivation, ability to work independently and with a team
• Experience with MS Office and Google Suite applications
Start Date: Open until filled
Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, include the volunteer position title and your full name.
The Louis D. Brown Peace Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, age, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
15 Christopher StDorchester, MA 02122
December 30, 2021