Head Of Programs
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Afara CollectiveAbout Afara:
At this time, our team is 100% volunteer and unpaid, as would be the selected individual for this role. As a leader, we ask that you be in a position for a minimum of 6 months, preferably one year and allocate 6-10 hours/week.
The Afara Collective is an early-stage non-profit organization committed to a multicultural approach to anti-racism education. We seek to create transformational and experiential opportunities (which will initially focus on virtual learning, courses, webinars, speaker series, workshops, youtube, etc.) that facilitate individuals in their efforts to unpack and unlearn their bias. We empower people through resources, tools, and community and operate with the goal of dramatically increasing cross-cultural understanding as a means to meaningful and permanent change in the dismantling of systemic racism and oppression.
We hold a bold vision for what will eventually be an organization with global reach committed to being a standard-bearer for racial bias and sensitivity training.Summary:
The Head of Programs leads the Program Team, which will consist of two Program Managers, one Curriculum Manager, one Facilitation Manager, one Product Manager and an Assistant, reporting into the CEO/Founder. The Head of Programs develops the strategy for the department and oversees the portfolio of anti-racist offerings and products including product research and development, curriculum development, facilitation, a/b testing, learner satisfaction while supporting and motivating the members of the Program Team.
Additionally, the role will entail creative design thinking and will be a great fit for someone who has experience in adult development, leadership development, transformational and experiential learning - and who would like to grow those skills working with practitioners. Experience with personal growth and development curriculum is important.
Our foundational three part course will be launching in January. Our inaugural programs the Film Club and Reading Club have been in the pilot phase with data/feedback collected - ready for refinement and expansion.
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, comfortable with complexity, is a strong communicator, and can work to a high standard, and has the ability to learn as they go, understanding that sometimes we must leap and refine along the way.
This position will have an assistant. Aspects of core responsibilities will be oversight as managers can take action to fulfill and or implement.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit for consideration regardless of experience level. You may be a good fit for a manager role. The schedule by which you work is up to you.Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative anti-racism educational and learning development programs.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure smooth communications and plans for launch and cycle success.
- Budget creation and management
- Ensure development of functional templates and systems to support future success
- Ensure all necessary information is communicated, maintain schedules, and gather all required information.
- Ensure programs are moving according to timelines.
- Create registration process and ensure data collection during key points of the program at the start, mid and post-program are completed
- Partner with Program Leads and check in regularly to ensure they have what is needed for a successful cycle
- Analyze and report on opportunities for refinement and success of program cycle
- Work with Creative and Marketing on promotional materials
- Identify and provide resources for program success
- Team management
- Manage all team logistics including prep schedules.
- Manage all team communications including briefing calls, making sure everyone feels confident and fully prepared to deliver.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure the quality of delivery
- Event project management and logistics
- Create and execute on project timeline and milestones
- Issue resolution
- Responsible for the preparation of all program documents, including welcome packs/programs, briefing materials and other key documentation
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Domain expertise in Growth Mindset, DEI, Product, Leadership, Curriculum Development, Event Planning and Marketing
- A passion for bringing people around the world together for conversations on topics including racism, multiculturalism, colourism, racial equity and equality, personal growth and discovery.
- Strong client management skills and comfort in coordinating with stakeholders of all levels in multicultural contexts.
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of programs from start to finish, balancing deadlines and priorities.
- Fluency in English required.
- Academic background is a plus
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3951 Higuera StreetCulver City, CA 90232
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK