Blood Drive Support Volunteer- Schuylkill County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross Greater Pennsylvania Region
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
• Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
• Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
• Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
• Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
• Model excellent customer service behaviors.
• Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
• Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
• Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
• Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
• Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
• Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
• May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated. Instructions to provide information and supporting documentation of vaccination will be provided once you submit your application.
To get started as a Red Cross volunteer, please visit: https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=lead&a=4400&h=193&p=592563
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Pottsville, PA 15222
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH