Restless Development USA Board Chair / Vice Chair
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Restless Development USA
About Restless Development and Restless Development USA
Restless Development is an agency for youth-led development, demonstrating from the grass-roots to the global policy level that young people can and must play a leading role in development. As a result, Restless Development is repeatedly cited as the model for best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, UNICEF, USAID, and others.
Through 9 global hubs, our work is delivered by young people, giving them the skills and resources to deal with the main issues facing their communities and countries. From tackling unemployment and sexual rights, to supporting young people to have a voice in decisions that affect them, and enabling youth leadership at the heart of development, Restless Development programs are genuinely life-changing.
Restless Development USA
We are a US non-profit with 501(c)(3) status, working in collaboration with other Restless Development Hubs around the world. We are an essential strategic hub for the global agency, and work on policy influence, investment partnerships, thought leadership, and technical assistance on youth-led development. Launched seven years ago in New York, the US Hub has steadily grown and is now in an exciting era of increasing growth, influence, and opportunity. Over the next 3 years, Restless Development USA expects to:
- Expand our programmatic work in the US, meeting demand and opportunity on consultancies and projects on youth engagement and gender-focused leadership
- Significantly increase our fundraising, securing new business, operating costs for the US Hub, and a core grant for the global agency
- Increase our influence and profile-raising work, engaging in thought leadership, coalition building, and networking with UN Agencies and key leaders in the US
So how can you help?
We are looking for Restless-minded individuals with diverse skill sets who are prepared to join our Board of Directors Management Committee, and support our important global work through stewardship of Restless Development USA.
Restless Development USA Board of Directors
The US Board of Directors is an active governance board of Restless Development USA, an independent affiliate of the global agency. The Board provides governance and oversight, and offers staff mentorship, advice, practical support, and connections. A top priority of the US Board of Directors is fundraising and profile-raising to sustain and grow the US hub.
We currently have an active and engaged Board that brings a valuable and diverse array of experiences and perspectives. The Board is led by a Board Management Committee, including a Chair / President, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Clerk, as well as Committee Chairs who are not officers.
Expectations of Board members:
- Board members are expected to participate in virtual quarterly meetings in January, April, and August, and attend an annual retreat in mid-November.
- The Board has several standing committees. Each Board member is expected to be an active member of at least one committee.
- Board members are expected to initiate and support fundraising, partnership, and profile-raising efforts throughout the year.
- The Board has a 100% commitment to giving - each Board member makes an annual contribution at an amount that is personally significant.
- Board members are expected to be ambassadors for Restless Development and our values and goals, and to make connections with and encourage the support of friends, family, colleagues and other networks to advance the work of Restless Development.
Desired skills, experience and commitment:
- Belief in, and commitment to Restless Development’s mission, vision, and values. In particular, we believe in racial justice, feminist leadership, community engagement/engaging communities/community leadership, and the power of young people.
- Interest in international development and Restless Development’s mission, and passion for learning more (experience in Africa or South Asia is a plus.)
- Willingness and/or experience to help with fundraising efforts.
- Creative and innovative thinking; experience helping to create or grow start-ups or initiatives.
- Restless Development believes in the power of young people to affect change at all levels of the organization, including our Board of Directors. We welcome applications from candidates of all ages, and particularly encourage those 25 and younger to apply.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10011
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK