Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: helpNYC Corporation
helpNYC is seeking a detail-orientated, focused, and organized Volunteer Events Coordinator.
helpNYC relies on its amazing volunteers to support our work helping New Yorkers in need. If you would like to become a volunteer please complete our online application below. helpNYC believes that our lived experience is the most valuable asset in working with others. We encourage and expect our volunteers to be engaged, active, and idealists in their service to our community. We are open to new ideas and perspectives. The helpNYC Community strives to be inclusive, diverse, and equitable in every action we do.
Our work is done in dynamic teams of career-orientated volunteers. We work together virtually and collaboratively. Our Teams usually meet on a weekly basis and are conducted in a flat leadership style where all members, regardless of role and responsibilities have an equal opportunity to contribute. helpNYC strives to provide an environment for our volunteers to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally.
- Lead the production and logistics side of all events across the organization and interfacing with several teams at one time.
- Provide logistical, production, and planning support for online and in-person events.
- Train and Manage event volunteers.
- Attend Team Meetings
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
- 5-15 hours per week.
- Team Meetings are once per week.
- Training for this position will be provided.
- Members of the Leadership Team are available to all volunteers at any time.
- Acknowledgment of Service and Certificate of Recognition
- Networking opportunities
Overall Volunteer Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- Personal computer, cell phone, and dependable internet access.
- Current resident of New York City is preferred.
- Lived experience with being underserved in New York City. (ie Mental Health Challenges, Homelessness, Socioeconomic, and other minorities.)
- General knowledge of New York City-based Social Service Agencies; Community Based and Faith Based Organizations; and City, State, and Federal agencies.
- Ability to speak and write in English, bilingual skills welcome.
- Excellent Gramar and Compisition skills.
- Advance operational knowledge of Monday.com, Zoom, Google Workspace (Meet, Sheets, Docs, Drive, Gmail, Sites), and other productivity applications and platforms.
- Demonstrated Cultural Competency
- 3+ years of experience in a live event environment. Preferably in a live online and/or in-person event director, stage management, or production management role
- Strong communication skills including communications using email only.
- Strong "on your feet" problem-solving.
Interested applicants complete the Volunteer Application on the helpNYC website at www.helpNYC.co/volunteer.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
New York, NY 10453
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME