Junior Advocacy Associate-Cameroon (Volunteer)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Contra Nocendi International
The Junior Advocacy Associate-Cameroon position for Contra Nocendi is designed to assist the Contra Nocendi Cameroon team and Contra Nocendi International team with advocacy support for issues uncovered in the field. This role would be a good opportunity for a graduate student or highly motivated undergraduate student with good rights skills and research skills to develop hands on experience with human rights. This role is a voluntary role.
- Bachelor's degree in law or other social sciences.
- 1-2 years previous working experience (preferably with NGOs or other civil society organizations). This can be other voluntary work or placement schemes.
- Availability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Professional candor and respect for the proper handling of sensitive material and conversations.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team that includes embracing gender fairness and LGBTIQ+/SOGIE rights. This is a must!
- Desirable: Speaks French, experience and/or course work in public international law and/or human rights.
To discharge their duties, The Junior Advocacy Associate should be able to perform the following tasks:
Observational skills: The FRA needs to be able to work in a highly accurate manner, paying close attention to detail and keeping records of their work.
Communication: Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Given the importance and sensitive nature of the tasks and information collected, the Junior Advocacy Associate must reflect emotional intelligence, friendliness, confidence, empathy, respect, open-mindedness, and compassion. Prison monitoring is sensitive and requires gender friendly approaches and good communication so as to promote the respect of the human dignity of the subjects.
Administrative skills: Effectivetime-management skills to meet project deadlines and accomplish your goals; Prepare, present, and write technical reports.
- Regular advocacy focused releases
- Regular contact with Contra Nocendi Cameroon staff
- Research as requested
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Paris, IDF France
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy