Volunteer Facilitators for Health Educators for Healthy Body, Healthy Soul Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: SOME (So Others Might Eat)
Volunteer Health Educators for Healthy Body, Healthy Soul
So Others Might Eat (SOME) is in search of enthusiastic volunteer Health Educators to facilitate its Healthy Body, Healthy Soul program, an interactive 10-week program that integrates lessons on nutrition, physical activity, and mindfulness. In each session, participants will engage in light physical activity, short meditations, and learn to cook healthy meals. This will be a hybrid program, requiring the facilitator to present both in-person and virtual sessions. An orientation will be given before the facilitator delivers the program.
We are looking for 2-4 volunteer facilitators to start in October 2021. Facilitators will deliver the developed curriculum and conduct one-on-one pre-interviews with residents. The candidate must be local to the DC area to conduct pre-interviews and bi-weekly in-person sessions. The total weekly time commitment is approximately 5-8 hours per week.
* Conduct pre-interviews of participants
* Review session module prior to presentation
* Set up/clean up before/after sessions
* Conduct Healthy Body, Healthy Soul session to include facilitating discussion among participants, leading physical activity segment, and leading/assisting with a cooking demonstration
* Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or seeking credits toward a degree in Nutrition, Public health, Health Promotion, or other similar health-related fields of study.
* Must be organized and able to multi-task.
* Exemplary oral and written communication skills.
* Experience or desire to work with adults with chronic medical conditions, mental illness, and disabilities.
* Comfortable with public speaking.
* Knowledge of basic cooking skills (preferred)
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com stating interest or experience working with vulnerable populations.
COVID-19 considerations: SOME require that all employees, interns, long-term volunteers, and independent contractors that report onsite receive an FDA-authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of vaccination.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurringFalse
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Washington, DC 20001
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS