Quality Assurance Engineer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Believe In Me
Purpose and Goal: we are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer volunteer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA technician role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Time to dedicate to this professional volunteer opportunity (up to 10 hours per month)
Commitment to take on occasional IT and security-related projects as needed
Commitment to attend regular meetings
On an ad hoc basis, attend events according to schedule - events usually take place during evenings and weekends
- Gain an understanding of local community needs and how they are being addressed
- Improving your communication skills
- Great personal satisfaction, since you have the opportunity to make a real difference to our donors’ lives
Orientation and Training
Read the Believe In Me by-laws, Believe In Me Articles of Incorporation
Meet with the Innovation Team Committee and Chief Executive Officer
Foundation Key Contact
Reports directly to the Innovation Team Project Manager and works closely with fellow volunteers to complete assignments and exchange ideas.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not meant to be legally binding or an employment contract.
Out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering places will be offered.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
510 West Riverside AvenueSuite 201Spokane, WA 99201
December 30, 2021