First Aid Services Team
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Have Fun & Volunteer at the Same Time!
The First Aid Services Team provides immediate first aid services for participants at events such as sporting events, concerts, festivals, local fairs, etc. Volunteer and help others when they are in need while you enjoy getting to be a part of many different community events. This position also offers volunteers a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment while building confidence, leadership skills, teamwork skills and a chance to network with professionals in the medical community.
- Providing first aid at community events
- Provide emergency care only within the level of your American Red Cross training
- Respond quickly to emergencies
- Follow directions given by FAST Station Leader and paid staff
- Work in conjunction with Emergency Medical Services personnel
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Properly complete FAST records and reports
- Follow FAST guidelines as established by the American Red Cross-National Headquarters
- Represent that Red Cross in a professional manner at all times
- Hold a current certification in responding to emergencies (training provided)
- Complete Introduction to FAST Orientation
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and respond quickly
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to communicate clearly
- Able to give and take instructions
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds (using proper lifting technique)
- Willingness and ability to learn and use Red Cross technology and reporting platforms
- Must have reliable transportation to events
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
Training is provided at no cost. This position requires that you volunteer at 12 events per year. Please note that most events are in Franklin County but volunteers from all surrounding counties are welcome to join in!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Washington Court House, OH 43205
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH