Playground Construction Project Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The Power of Play
Looking for a volunteer Project Manager
If you have passion in child development, indigenous community empowerment, or sustainability, this is your chance!
The Power of Play (TPOP) is a Canadian non-profit building sustainable playgrounds for the children in need around the world. We have a project for the rural first national of West Bank, Lytton (LFN.band)
This is a collaboration project with the band, where children and teens will partake in the build, elders will advise on building a gathering spot to tell stories and teach their art and culture to the new generation.
Most of this sustainable playground’s play elements will be from up cycling and refurbishing a dismantled playground.
We are looking for a project manager with a good understanding of construction, project budgeting and time management, and logistics.
You need to be a very good team player and respect and adapt the organization and the LFN. band culture.
- Work with refurbishing shop/s to bring up the used elements back to life and standards to be reused.
- Locate storage spot while elements are getting ready to be moved to the site.
- Oversee the transportation and work with the restriction for moving the material to the West Bank via cable ferry.
- Work with the band to find local contractors and onboard as many qualified volunteers as possible.
- Work closely with the band’s elders and children and let their voice be heard and implemented as much as possible.
- Provide project budgeting and time estimation, and carry out the project to meet them.
- Be in constant communication with the TPOP team and the Band’s leaders.
- Build a safe playground that meets the standards.
- Work closely with the videograph and social media team.
- Hire sub-contractors and work with playgrounds distributors for additional elements.
- Building play elements with used tires.
- Follow the covid restrictions and respect the band’s demands.
- Background in construction, construction management, civil engineering
- Background in project estimation, budgeting and timeline
- Able to read construction drawings.
- Excellent communication skills and working with volunteers.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Lytton, BC V7V 1J3Canada
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME