Dance Class Host/Event Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Dance for All Bodies
The Dance Class Host will be responsible for creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for participants during the class. You will also be responsible for problem solving during the class, working closely with the instructor and the ASL interpreter to make sure everything is set up correctly.
This position is someone who is a problem solver, extrovert and includer. We are looking for someone who is energetic and passionate about dancing!
We encourage individuals with disabilities to apply for this position.
- Attend our weekly virtual Zoom dance classes.
- Start Zoom dance classes 10 minutes before to make sure the sound, the connection and the cameras are all set-up.
- Set-up Closed Captioning, help instructors set it up and monitor it throughout the class.
- Welcome participants to the class, introduce Dance for All Bodies & instructor.
- Have a good time and enjoy dancing with everyone in the class.
- Share links for demographics survey and post class feedback form in the Chat.
- End classes by inviting participants to next classes.
- Record dance class videos and upload them on Google Drive.
- Report dance class attendance numbers to DfAB team.
- Experience in event management and event design is preferred.
- Personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Previous experience working for a non-profit or grassroots organization is preferred.
- Must be committed to DfAB’s mission to change the face of dance through accessible dance classes. Ready to champion DfAB and promote our mission to communities who haven’t met us yet!
- Disciplined in working independently and remotely; not afraid to ask questions or admit when you don’t know something.
- Collaborative mindset ; eager to be part of a team and contribute.
- Self-motivated and shows stamina in the face of obstacles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a creative, self-initiator and learner.
All work can be done remotely. You are also highly encouraged to attend our bimonthly (twice a month) meetings on Mondays 7:30pm EST/4:30pm PST.
Expected Hours of Work
You will be expected to volunteer for about 3-4 hours every week. We also highly encourage you to attend our dance classes whenever possible!
Send your resume and one short paragraph to firstname.lastname@example.org "Dance Class Host" in the subject heading.
Please answer the following questions in your application:
- Why does making dance accessible to people with physical disabilities matter to you?
- Describe a time when you resolved a conflict/problem at the moment.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
6037 Chabolyn TerraceOakland, CA 94618
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK