Volunteers for Food Pantry
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Northshore Senior Center
Northshore Senior Center relies on a team of over 500 volunteers each year who help us meet our mission of serving people in our community.
Volunteers needed to help us at our Food Pantry
Days- Tuesdays ( ASAP)
Time- 8 am to 1 pm
Every volunteer must be able to do all the jobs at the pantry. Masks are always required, along with gloves (the center will provide these items).
• Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to provide great and respectful customer service to a diverse range of clients
• Physically be able to move around, up, and down easily, standing, walking & moving in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to take direction & work as part of a team
• Cognizant of and willing to work within the restrictions/guidelines related to COVID-19 Job Duties:
• Bring donations into the center when they are dropped off
• Unpack donations, sort, and shelve them in appropriate containers
• Compost & recycle as needed throughout the day; empty garbage as needed
• Work with clients to determine their needs and bag their choices
• Keep displays stocked
• Assists in setting up the pantry (set up tables, display boxes, back-up boxes, move donation bins, etc.)
• Receive bags and food items from baggers, place into carts, take carts to clients, disinfect carts when returned Pantry Shifts Currently the pantry is open on TU & SAT from 9am-noon, and TH from 5-8pm. As a volunteer, you would be expected to be at the center on TU & SAT from 8-12:30/1pm, and from 4-8:30 on TH (4 ½ hours). The pantry is changing its TH hours as of November 10, 2020. The new hours for TH will be 3-6pm (2-6:30 to volunteer).
Every volunteer must work at least one shift/week and make a commitment of 2 months.
Please note that all volunteers must complete a background check as part of the approval process. Once your application has been processed, our volunteer coordinator will contact you to help identify a volunteer role that might be a good fit.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
10201 East Riverside DriveBothell, WA 98011
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK