Social Work Instructor-trainee
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Social Work Instructor-trainee for our Non-Profit Organization!
Overview: Are you a professional interested in imparting your wisdom to teens? Would you like to empower our youth and inspire them to enter your field of Information Technology?
Our new initiative, Generation-Z, is a program that makes college accessible and not just an impossible dream for Black youth. This project is an imperative program that gives Black youth a way out of poverty by way of advanced college courses being accessible in early high school years and empowering under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking forenthusiastic and skilled individualsto provide introductory courses and training to our high school students (Grade 10 - 12) with a working knowledge of computer concepts and essential skills necessary for work in today’s society. This course will help our students learn safety, security and ethical issues in computing and social networking.
Instructor-trainee Job Description:
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of Information Technology, with an overview of technical theory, networking, programming, and computer hardware.
- Work with our Staff members to provide access to technology resources like software, apps etc.
- Draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week [syllabi], projects, materials needed to perform projects, exams, and homework.
- Introduce the basic concepts of information technology through interactive teaching methods to help students understand the course and understand their learning capabilities.
- Provide knowledge on different electives in Information technology and computer science for the students to understand and choose their career path.
- Introduce learning platforms like workshops and conferences to students for their professional development.
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of IT.
- Prior experience in teaching and working with students required.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizing and problem solving skills.
Hours and commitment: Trainees will be required to work for 3 to 5 hours a week for a minimum of 5 months.
Location: Remote [Virtual Only]
Salary Range: Unpaid Trainee Position
Benefit: Advance your teaching skills, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable teaching experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK