Volunteer Group Co-Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Humankind Charity
Could you support people in your community who want to make changes to their substance use?
This role involves assisting the team of an established drugs and alcohol recovery service to support people who are in recovery in group settings, and additionally to help staff engage with the local Polish community through outreach activity. The aim of groups within recovery is to build networks of support and build upon recovery and the skills and resilience to sustain it.
In Haringey, we have a large Polish Speaking community and we would love to involve a Polish speaker to support this community within our services. The Volunteer would be supervised by a Polish speaking member of staff in this role.
Please be aware that due to recent changes in legislation, for volunteer roles based at CQC registered services, an offer will be subject to providing evidence of two COVID vaccines. Haringey Recovery Service is a CQC registered service so this will apply here. Please feel free to get in touch if you would like more information.
- Details of the role:Co-facilitating the Polish speakers group and promoting the group to service users
- Generally speaking positively about recovery with service users and supporting them
- Signposting to other activity / support the service and partners offer
- Supporting events in the borough to engage with the local Polish community
- Liaising with staff and service users to gain feedback about the service and group activity which helps inform decisions and support
- Adhering to policies related to areas such as safeguarding, information governance and health and safety
- We would love you to bring to this role:Clear verbal/written communication skills
- Fluency or confidence in speaking Polish
- A confident and friendly approach
- A willingness to learn
- Basic IT skills
- An understanding of the importance of guidelines and procedures relating to key areas such as safeguarding and information governance
- Willingness to undergo a DBS check if required for the role
- Be respectful and non-judgemental
- Willing to attend and complete relevant training
- To participate in regular supervision sessions with your supervisor
- What Volunteers Can Expect From Us:Regular supervision and support
- Induction and access to online and face to face training
- To learn and practice new skills within a team work setting
- To feel part of a team and the wider Humankind organisation
- Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed with proof of journey
- Opportunities to progress and experience other areas of Humankind's work in the region
- Our workplace values are:Honest: we are open and realistic, building trusted relationships in which we challenge, collaborate and change.
- Committed: we are passionate about being the best that we can be, and we do this by keeping people at the heart of everything that we do.
- Inventive: we are ambitious, drawing together skills and resources to innovate and adapt in determined pursuit of our mission.
We are committed to fair chances for all and making sure everyone can access the help and support they need to realise their potential. By joining our teams of passionate individuals, you will be contributing to making this happen. You can really make a difference by believing in our service users and their ability to make positive changes when they don’t always believe in themselves.
If you feel that you would fit with our values & ethos, are passionate about supporting people, but maybe don’t feel you have the experience required, talk to us about your transferrable skills. For the right people, we can provide development to help you to realise your potential and career aspirations.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address you provide on your application form. We will contact shortlisted candidates by email to confirm the arrangements for interview. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notification as you will not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk folder.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seven Sisters RoadLondon, England DH6 5PFUnited Kingdom
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK