Member of the Board of Directors for Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis
Accelerated Cure Project’s (ACP) mission is to improve the health, healthcare, and quality-of-life for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS) by connecting people with MS, care partners, clinicians, and researchers, and to work together to accelerate innovation, research, and the application of new knowledge.
We fulfill our mission through the development and deployment of centralized resources that enable people-centered research in MS. Our resources include the ACP Repository; iConquerMS™ -- the only people-powered research network for multiple sclerosis; and, the MS Minority Research Engagement Partnership Network.
For more information, please visit ACP’s websites at www.acceleratedcure.org and www.iConquerMS.org.
The Board will support the work of ACP and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
· Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and the ACP team as they develop and implement ACP’s strategic plan
· Approving ACP’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
· Being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
· Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by ACP for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
· Representing ACP to stakeholders and serving as an active advocate and ambassador for the organization
· Assisting the CEO and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
· Fully engaging in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for ACP to advance its mission
· Considering ACP a philanthropic priority and making an annual gift reflecting that priority, commensurate with personal capacity
ACP’s Board Members serve a three-year term and are eligible for re-appointment for additional 3-year periods. Board meetings are held every other month (weekday evenings) and can be attended remotely via teleconference. We welcome candidates from any geographical location.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ACP’s mission and who has a desire to contribute their skills and expertise as a member of a highly engaged Board.
Ideal candidates will have professional experience with one or more of the following competencies:
• Sector Experience (including MS healthcare, research, industry, insurance, and/or rehabilitation)
• Public Relations/Marketing (w/healthcare sector expertise a plus)
• Financial (CPA/Budgeting)
• Industry Business Development
A direct connection to MS and/or prior Board experience are desirable but not required.
Candidates should possess personal qualities of integrity and credibility, have a natural affinity for collaboration, and a passion for improving the lives of those affected by MS.
Service on ACP’s Board of Directors is a volunteer position without remuneration.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
460 Totten Pond RoadSuite 140Waltham, MA 02451
December 30, 2021