Medical Science Instructor-trainee
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: I'RAISE GIRLS AND BOYS INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Become a Medical Science Instructor-trainee for our Non-Profit Organization!
Overview: Are you a professional interested in imparting your wisdom to teens? Would you like to empower our youth and inspire them to enter your field of Medical Science?
Our new initiative, Generation-Z, is a program that makes college accessible and not just an impossible dream for Black youth. This project is an imperative program that gives Black youth a way out of poverty by way of advanced college courses being accessible in early high school years and empowering under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking forenthusiastic and skilled individuals to provide introductory courses and training on Medical science to our high school students (Grade 10 - 12). This course will help our students learn what medical school would be like, help them evaluate how their talents and preferences match those of a career in medicine.
Instructor-trainee Job Description:
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of Medical Science, with an overview of Medical studies such as public health, pharmacy, laboratory technology, dentistry, veterinary medicine and other heart related fields.
- Utilize various curriculum resources to teach students on practice of medical science.
- Draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week [syllabi], projects, materials needed to perform projects, course work, exams, and homework.
- Introduce the basic concepts of information technology through interactive teaching methods to help students understand the course and understand their learning capabilities.
- Provide knowledge on different electives in the Medical Science field for the students to understand and choose their career path.
- Introduce learning platforms like workshops and conferences to students for their professional development.
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the field of Medicine.
- Prior experience in teaching and working with students required.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizing and problem solving skills.
Hours and commitment: Trainees will be required to work for 3 to 5 hours a week for a minimum of 5 months.
Location: Remote [Virtual]
Salary Range: Unpaid Trainee Position
Benefit: Advance your teaching skills, start building your professional network, develop transferable skills, receive valuable teaching experience, and get a more honest look at the career you are thinking of pursuing.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
8 West 126th StreetNew York, NY 10027
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK