Office & Student Services Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Red Sweater Project
Red Sweater Project collaborates with developing communities in the creation of affordable, accessible and innovative educational opportunities for children in rural Tanzania. The organization operates the Mungere School near the town of Mto wa Mbu in the northern Arusha Region.
The organization is currently accepting applications for an Office & Student Services Coordinator to assist the Mungere School and organization by providing administrative support to management, staff and students. The position requires the skill of a flexible individual, adept at multi-tasking and managing various projects across departments, working as part of a cohesive team to provide excellent service.
Service Period: January 15 - December 15, 2022
- Assist the School Management Team
- Maintain informational databases, general clerical duties
- Departmental budgets, inventory and supply chain management
- Organize and train teachers and staff to lead student activities, clubs and events, including monitoring effectiveness, engagement and impact
- Coordinate student health and manage incident reports
- School campus and organizational visitor liaison
- General project management
- Development and communications department assistance
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum 2-year university degree
- Budgeting, office management or organizational leadership experience
- Experienced in youth/child behavior, counseling, effective communication and discretion
- Professionalism and passion, emotional maturity and reliability
- Experience traveling, living and/or working abroad preferred
- Interest in Tanzania’s indigenous cultures and traditions
- Adaptable to living in a developing community
- Flexibility to work individually and as part of a diverse team\
- Minimum 9-month commitment
- Shared housing available
- Stipends available, DOE
- Professional and cultural orientation program (language training available)
- We do not charge program fees; Volunteers are responsible for their own travel and living expenses
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Mto Wa Mbu, Arusha Region 97034Tanzania
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME