Disaster Recovery Team - Hocking County
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Help Families Find Hope!
Join the Disaster Recovery Team as they support those who have experienced such events as a home fire, flood or other events that would make their home unlivable. Team Members do this by supporting the disaster recovery of individuals/families through the activities of casework, recovery planning, community/internal referrals and by listening to the clients needs.
- Conducting client interviews
- Assess client qualifications for financial assistance
- Document the assistance and services provided to the client
- Assist with recovery planning, problem solving and advocacy
- Learn about recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in casework
- Provide client with information and referrals to community partners
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
- Be kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Demonstrate an interest in learning about community resource organizations
- Ability to work well in stressful situations
- Is team-oriented
- Has basic computer skills
- Willingness and ability to learn and use Red Cross technology and reporting platforms
- Treat people equitably and works effectively with diverse populations
- Is client focused
- Had the ability to sit for 2-hour periods
Training is provided at no cost. Time commitment for this position can vary based on location and need. Volunteer supervisors/staff members will work with you to set a schedule that is mutually agreeable for both parties.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Logan, OH 43205
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy