Blood Transportation Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: American Red Cross, Central & Southern Ohio Region
Blood Transportation Specialist literally help SAVE LIVES with every shift they volunteer!
Blood Transportation Specialists transport blood and blood products throughout the region, from blood donation sites to Red Cross labs and from the labs to hospitals and clinics, where it is needed by patients. Specialists do this in Red Cross vehicles - saving wear and tear on your private vehicle!
Truly make a difference in the lives of many people with every shift that you volunteer by delivering lifesaving blood to those who need it the most!
- Transport blood from collection site to Red Cross laboratory
- Transport finished blood or blood products to hospitals/clinics
- Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary
- Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
- Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
- Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issues
- Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross
- Be willing to support the Red Cross Mission
- Able to use GPS
- Able to represent the American Red Cross in a professional manner
- Have a valid driver’s license - 3 years driving experience
- Familiarity with the geographic area (a plus)
- Be able to verify a safe driving record with state or insurance
- Demonstrate reliability
- Ability to lift 45 lbs. (for hospital deliveries)
Training is provided (at no cost to the individual) and all drivers must complete a defensive driving class. The Red Cross asks that Blood Transportation Specialists drive 2-4 routes a month.
Want to volunteer with a friend? You can in this position!! Both people must register and complete the training and background check. Once trained you can sign up to drive a route together!! You can spend quality time with your best friend, your spouse or your sibling while volunteering! Join us today!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
995 East Broad StreetColumbus, OH 43205
December 30, 2021