Chautauqua County-Disaster Action Team Member
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The American Red Cross of Western New York
Put your compassion into action for your community during emergencies!
Provide comfort and care when your neighbors experience a crisis, particularly house fires! Disaster Action Teams respond within two hours to the scene of a house fire, meeting the immediate basic needs of those affected and beginning recovery casework.
*This is an on-call position with need for volunteers willing to travel throughout Chautauqua County!*
***Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination will be required for in-person volunteer roles beginning January 3, 2022.
- Valid and unencumbered driver's license
- Background and Motor Vehicle Report checks
- Ability to respond reliably when on-call
- Ability to follow Red Cross DAT standards and procedures
- Ability to learn and use Red Cross systems and online interfaces
- Ability to work in challenging and stressful conditions such as poor air quality, uneven ground, adverse weather, etc.
- Online and in-person training (provided by the American Red Cross for free)
Hear More From a Current Volunteer!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Jamestown, NY 14209
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH