Volunteer Medical Screener (Erie, Genesee, Niagara, and Wyoming Counties)
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: The American Red Cross of Western New York
Assist Blood Donors through the collections process by determining procedure eligibility and conduct physical exams.
- Screen and examine blood donor candidates to approve or defer for health concerns
- Collect and confirm donor demographics and determine procedure eligibility
- Conduct physical exam to include oral temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and hematocrit according to procedure
- Facilitate and evaluate self-administered health history
- Comply with applicable Federal, state and local regulations, as well as all American Red Cross policies, procedures and guidelines
- Orientation to the American Red Cross
- Virtual, classroom and on-the-job instruction during the work week (Monday-Friday)
- Training to take place at Cheektowaga Donor Center, Erie County
- Willingness to support Red Cross mission
- Basic computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Effective verbal communication
- Public relations skills
- Experience working in a regulated medical environment a plus!
***Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination will be required for in-person volunteer roles beginning January 3, 2022.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3601 Union RoadCheektowaga, NY 14225
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH