Lovin' Spoonfuls Greater Springfield Community Advisory Board
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Lovin' Spoonfuls
Lovin’ Spoonfuls’ Community Advisory Boards help inform the way we work in your area. CABs are comprised of local people who care about food/environmental justice and who have a unique perspective on food rescue: from people with lived experience of food insecurity, to food retailers, to pantry volunteers, to community organizers, and more. Members spend a handful of hours each month working together to identify ways for Spoonfuls to deepen its reach and improve community members’ access to fresh, healthy food through food rescue.
We’re forming CABs across our service area and looking for members! Your interest is the first step, but - because we’re committed to intentionally bringing together people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives - there’s also a short application (see below) we ask you to complete.
What sorts of things do CABs work on?
- Helping to select non-profit organizations to receive rescued food; moving non-profit organizations off our waitlist
- Supporting intake of new partners by assisting with information-gathering and site visits
- Collecting data and soliciting feedback from existing partners
- Providing language and cultural expertise
What’s the commitment?
- Regional CABs meet quarterly as a group (currently meetings held virtually)
- Individual members can expect to spend about 5 hours, total, each month on CAB-related activities
- CABs are expected to maintain communication both with other members and with Spoonfuls’ staff (i.e. reporting out in advance of staff or board meetings concerning any findings, questions, or calls to action for the group)
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Springfield, MA 02134
December 30, 2021