Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: School Group
POSITION TITLE: Grant Writer
DEPARTMENT: Development & Fundraising
REPORTS TO: Development & Fundraising Director
OBJECTIVE: School Group is looking for a Grant Writer to create appealing writings that increase awareness about our organization’s work, goals, and financial needs. The Grant Writer will prepare grant proposals and work to secure monetary funds for our organization.
- To perform depth research on potential fundraising sources, grant making organizations and donors at appropriate places
- To prepare and develop effective grant proposals and reports based on need of organization’s objectives
- To have broad knowledge of organizational structure, functions and needs
- To possess essential knowledge of grant application process
- To maintain professional and cordial relation with grant coordinator
- To maintain and develop funding calendar activities
- To engage with program officers at organizations to require invitations for submission of proposals
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Min. 3-4 years’ work experience in a NGO environment; familiarity with fundraising required
- Experience in grant administration preferred
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic, confidence and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence in a fast-paced, dynamic, early-stage fundraising environment.
- Strong track record of successfully adjusting plans and goals based on changing the landscape of resources, opportunities, and strategy
- Computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage
- Experience/interest in global health and or international development preferred.
- Demonstrated achievements in nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated facility with computer software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Fundraising software, PowerPoint) a distinct advantage.
Who is School Group?
School Group (SG) is a startup international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development -- improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service -- and have the time, skills and know-how to match -- we want you as a School Group volunteer.
Why Volunteer With Us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
To apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
.Austin, TX 73301
December 30, 2021