Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Norcal Hospice, Inc
NorCal Hospice, Inc. is a provider of hospice services. Our organization brings 30+ years of experience making us the region’s most experienced. We provide traditional Hospice care, inclusive of skilled nursing, rehabilitation, therapies, medical social work, licensed nursing assistants, as well as homemakers and companions. Our hospice services encompass counseling, compassionate medical care and support using state-of-the-art pain and symptom management that is tailored to each patient's needs and preferences.
Hospice Volunteers provide a valuable service to the Hospice. As a member of the Hospice team, Volunteers provide services to patients and their families with terminal illness and/or provide administrative support to the Hospice.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of the philosophy, mission, and purpose of NorCal Hospice.
- Able to communicate with the terminally ill and their families in a helpful way.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information and protect the rights of the Hospice patient.
- Able to listen without imposing one’s own spiritual, religious, social and/or political values and beliefs.
- Able to work independently and as a team member with the hospice team and maintain open communication with the other team members.
- Able to attend scheduled in-services and training.
- If making home visits, must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Record and submit accurate, timely and objective documentation on the volunteer summary notes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Direct Care Volunteer Position Duties:
- Sit and visit with patients and families, provide companionship and support. Perform tasks to support the patient.
- Report pertinent observations regarding changes in patient status to the case manager and/or volunteer coordinator.
- Provide respite to family.
- Assist with running errands, meal preparation, light housekeeping, chores, transportation, and other tasks.
- Document visit on a volunteer visit note and return to volunteer coordinator in a timely manner.
- Maintain close contact with volunteer coordinator and hospice team.
- Informs volunteer coordinator as soon as possible if unable to make a visit.
Administrative Support Volunteer Position:
- Copies and organizes materials.
- Assist with outgoing mailings.
- Perform routine typing. Assist with correspondence.
- Assist with organizing and staffing hospice events and activities. Make calls to solicit support or funding for events.
- Sort and prepare mailing material.
- Informs volunteer coordinator as soon as possible if unable to come into the office.
- TB testing (for volunteers with direct patient contact).
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- A commitment of a minimum of 6 months of service, 1-4 hours per week when assigned.
- Successful completion of Hospice Volunteer Training Program (Will be provided by Norcal Hospice).
The work environment consists primarily of the office, as well as the patient’s place of residence. (This may be a patient's home, long term care facility, or hospital)
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
16925 South Harlan Road303Lathrop, CA 95330
December 30, 2021
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK