Board Member, Gift of Adoption Fund, Atlanta
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Gift of Adoption Fund
Gift of Adoption (GOA) is a national charity that provides grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children. Our mission is simple, yet impactful:
Gift of Adoption awards grants to complete the adoptions of vulnerable children - giving them a permanent family and the chance to thrive.
Priority is placed on helping children facing what is possibly their only chance at adoption, including children at-risk of separation from siblings, entering foster care, aging-out of an orphanage or with serious medical conditions.
We are the largest provider of adoption assistance grants on a nondiscriminatory basis (without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identify or marital status) and our grants are paid directly to agencies and attorneys working on the child’s behalf. Since inception in 1996 through December 31, 2020 GOA has awarded $10.6 million to give 3,627 children permanent families and the chance to thrive.
Board Members are needed to move the GOA mission forward. If you want to become a part of a growing, highly credentialed charity and you share our belief that having a loving family is a basic right for children everywhere - we hope you will consider joining us. By volunteering your time, talent, and treasure, you can completely change the trajectory of a child’s life for the better. You don’t have to adopt to give a child a family.
We are looking for Board Members who:
- Are passionate about children, family, and adoption.
- Are business leaders in their field, and connected to large personal and professional networks of philanthropically-minded people.
- Enjoy outreach, relationship management, development, fundraising, development, and communications.
- Are looking to leverage their network to create new partnership opportunities and increase the donor base of the Fund in the metro area and throughout the state.
- Possess event-planning expertise to include event creation, implementation and management.
This is a non-compensated, volunteer board opportunity. We ask our board members to serve 3-year terms. Board Members receive the reward of helping a child find their way to a permanent, loving home! If you would like to learn more, please reach out today to start a conversation.
Reach out to us today with the following information:
- Why are you interested in the Gift of Adoption?
- Where in the state are you located?
- What unique quality could you bring to our organization?
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Atlanta, GA 60082
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH