Board of Directors - General Advising
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Profugo
Do you wake up every morning wondering how you can do more to help the over 4 billion people worldwide who live on less than $2.50 per day? Are you full of energy and passion to help these people build better lives for themselves rather than just giving them a handout? Have you demonstrated you’re capable of producing creative and sustainable solutions for the health, economic, educational and environmental needs of the most disadvantaged communities while working across international borders with people of all cultures?
Profugo is seeking candidates with proven accomplishments in a Nonprofit or Social Enterprise for its Board of Directors. We want to hear from you if you can say 'YES!’ to the questions above and can handle the following primary responsibilities:
- Recommend and plan program initiatives aimed at furthering Profugo’s mission
- Identify and vet social enterprise start-ups which can be partners to Profugo
- Continuously review outputs and outcomes of Profugo’s efforts in order to maximize impact
- Leverage personal and professional networks to expand Profugo’s fundraising and operational impact
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Executive Director as s/he implements Profugo’s strategic plan
Profugo is a grassroots non-profit organization involved in International Development. Profugo’s mission is to provide communities with access to tools and resources that enable them to build a better quality of life. Profugo is a 501(c)(3) located in Ardmore, PA.
For more information about how we are using 100% of the donations we receive to empower women with business skills, enable villages to tap into alternative energy, and do so much more with less, please see Profugo’s website www.Profugo.org
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of Profugo’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- An ability to lead by empowering others to make change
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Profugo’s beneficiaries
- Board Members will serve 3 year terms
- Participation in Board meetings held Quarterly and Committee meetings as needed
- 100% of Board Members expected to make an annual contribution
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Ardmore, PA 19087
December 30, 2021