Director for for Board of a nonprofit tutoring company in IL & TX
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Educate. Radiate. Elevate.
We have 3 open seats on our Board of Directors we are looking to fill by the start of 2022.
Our Bylaws state we can have a maximum of 8 Directors. We currently have 7, but 2 need to resign at the end of 2021 due to other time commitments. Our 501(c)3 was founded in November 2020, and thus our Directors are quite active in its development.
- Participate in 1.5-2 hour quarterly meetings via Zoom
- Commit to a Give & Get Policy (with options for fundraising and outreach activities)
- Agree to Bylaws, Expectations, Confidentiality Policy, and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Allow information about your background and affiliations to be shared with our stakeholders
- Advocate for E..R.E., spreading awareness and inspiring interest among your network
- Reside in Illinois or Texas
- Be passionate about educational equity
- Be a professional in the field of education, community/family services, or entrepreneurship
About our nonprofit:
Educate. Radiate. Elevate. is a nonprofit public charity operating in Illinois and Texas. Our purpose is to strengthen the educational achievement of underserved K-12 students by providing them with high-quality instruction from experienced tutors who will assist them with academics and test prep as well as essential learning and life skills. Our mission is to minimize the disproportionate learning losses for low-income students of color to provide economic, social, and emotional stability for the youth served, their families, and their community.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
651 South Wells Street504Chicago, IL 60607
December 30, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH