Grassroots Organizer: STAND State Advocacy Lead
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: STAND: The Student-Led Movement to End Mass Atrocities
STAND State Advocacy Leads (SALs) are the field organizers of the youth-led genocide prevention movement. SALs coordinate STAND’s grassroots advocacy strategy in their local community. They learn how to write and publish op-eds, meet with policymakers, engage local leaders and influencers, research current events around the world, and mobilize their community. Along with our governing Managing Committee, SALs are part of STAND’s Leadership Team.
Time Commitment: Approximately 5 hours per week during the academic year
- Attend monthly SAL team calls and occasional full Leadership Team calls
- Write op-eds and letters to the editor for campus and local newspapers
- Research areas of interest related to STAND focus regions, topics, and/or advocacy strategies
- Meet with local policymakers in-district or virtually
- Plan and host local educational, training, and/or fundraising events
- Contribute to STAND national campaign planning and implementation
- Mobilize community members to take urgent actions
STAND will provide trainings, toolkits, skills-building workshops, and peer mentors to support you in all of the above. We will work with you to set and meet your goals. SALs are also encouraged to participate in Action Committees and/or local chapters.
- Youth (age ~15-24) based in the United States for the duration of the academic year
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Understanding of basic advocacy and campaign strategy
- Interest in the prevention of genocide and identity-based violence
- Ability to learn about state-specific policymaking processes
- Fill out this application and email a resume and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
P.O. Box 21761Washington, DC 20009
December 30, 2021
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK