CPA/Financial Advisor | Point of Pride
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Point of Pride
Point of Pride is seeking a financial advisor to support our growing non-profit and oversee all financial aspects of the organization. This includes, but is not limited to: bookkeeping, preparing reporting, managing investments, and audit activities. You’ll work with the Board of Directors to help support and guide financial strategy that will be essential in empowering trans people the world over to live more authentically.
As an entirely volunteer-run and operated non-profit, pro-bono or sliding-scale compensation for this role is preferred though not required.
This is an entirely remote/virtual position. This position is expected to require more active hours at the start, then shift to a more seasonal/maintenance workload on an ongoing basis.
Ultimately, the ideal candidate will be responsible for (1) ensuring that our non-profit manages our funds effectively and (2) helping us maximize future funding opportunities.Responsibilities
- Migrate Point of Pride's data into QuickBooks, and set up automated/real-time reporting that tracks important KPIs and trends
- Create Point of Pride's investment policy, and manage Point of Pride’s investments
- Forecast return on investment (ROI) for current and future programs
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Present quarterly reports of financial status and investment plans to the Board of Directors
- Ensure audit readiness in that all financial operations comply with federal and state laws, and that we are compliant with all annual tax and paperwork filings
- Proven work experience as a CPA, CFO, bookkeeper, and/or financial advisor, preferably with a non-profit organization
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management and forecasting methods
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software (QuickBooks preferred)
- Ability to explain financial terms in easy-to-understand language, and available to answer occasional questions asynchronously via email or our project management software
- Familiarity with the way non-profit organizations are structured
- Genuine interest in our mission and supporting the trans community
- Educational degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field (We recognize that not everyone has access to advanced educational opportunities and are open to candidates who can demonstrate comparable experience.)
- Identifies as trans (with BIPOC and trans femme candidates especially encouraged to apply!)
- Has familiarity with GSuite and Basecamp or similar project management software
- Can commit to this position for at least 1 year, with most of the workload for data migration and strategy occurring upfront
Our community comes from all walks of life, and so do we. We serve trans folks from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes Point of Pride stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for helping the trans community, you will find a home at Point of Pride.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Po Box 10991eugene, OR 97440
December 30, 2021
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH